Can you put a hot water bottle in the microwave?
Yes, a hot water bottle can be put in the microwave provided that it is not made of rubber , but of silicone or fabric . Indeed, the rubber resists very poorly to rapid heating and risks deteriorating. Cracks can form in the wall and cause hot water to leak out and burn you.
Silicone hot water bottles differ from traditional hot water bottles:
- Fast heating
- Does not require a kettle
- Easy to maintain
- Resistant and durable material
- No bad smell
How to heat a hot water bottle in the microwave?
Using a hot water bottle that heats up in the microwave is simple .
- Fill it with cold or lukewarm water about 2/3 full.
- Insert the water pouch into your microwave.
- Be careful not to exceed 800 watts of power and 2 minutes of consecutive heating, in order to preserve the silicone.
- If after two minutes the temperature does not suit you, heat your hot water bottle again for 1 minute.
Your hot water bottle is now ready to use. If you have a protective fabric cover, insert your hot water bag inside. Your heated pocket will stay warm longer.
This type of hot water bottle is practical on a daily basis. Nevertheless, she cools quickly. If you want diffuse heat for several hours, we recommend using a hot water bottle . They certainly take longer to prepare, but heat longer. Let yourself be tempted by our many models that come in many forms.